Friday, June 17, 2011

June 14, 2011 Palmdale, CA

I can't remember if I wrote about this family last time, but a young mom got baptized right before I got here and we started teaching her parents. Her dad was super skittish but we had another 3 hour lesson and her mom said, "Well.... I think I'd like to be baptized." I had no idea what to say, I just wanted to jump and scream for joy! Her husband was totally dumbfounded and said "This is news to me!" We got to teach them Lesson 2 with some of the English elders who have been feeling low lately because of their lack of work and miracles, so I hope we fueled them up for a bit :). Ric and Carmen LOVED it. Ric was still stubborn about it, but he's so smart and Carmen kept saying these amazing things about premortal life and the celestial kingdom. Holy Cow. She told us a little bit about how she received her answer about the truthfulness of the gospel, and man....the spirit was so strong. It was AMAZING!!

We had gone tracting with the English Elders one afternoon to help them out, but it was pretty discouraging, poor guys. HOWEVER. We knocked on this one door that had a huge tortoise sauntering around the yard and some old lady came out and yelled "Porkchop! get in here!"  I guess when the tortoise was smaller, she thought it was a porkchop that had fallen on the floor. My pets will NEVER have normal names. I'm determined. 



We also keep running into these two men who are a father-in law and son-in-law duo and they both really love everything we teach. I'm super stoked!


Mama, I'm so so sorry about your Uncle. I remember you always speaking so fondly of him and I 'm so grateful for the understanding that we have about life and death. It offers so much comfort and understanding. I'm so proud of our family members. They're just so dang impressive, every one.Tell Ness and Raz I say hi and that I love you. I was thinking the other day that Raz (a friend from Israel) must be having quite the American experience. Tornadoes, wildfires, garage sales, Mormons everywhere you look, Boulder for goodness sake, and I'm super jealous that you all get to go to camp.


There may be quite a few gangs around here, but honestly compared to NoHo, it feels quite safe. Everyone knows us and most people love us. OH! OH!! We were wandering around an apartment complex the other day and we started giving a group of 10-15 little kids passalong cards and we taught them about prayer. It was the BEST!! and we taught an awesome smorgasbord lesson to some 15 year old punks the other day. They were very polite and had great insights.

I'm sorry but I've got to run!
Love you more than all the prayers of thanksgiving we've gotten to say this week!


Hermana Manzana
P.S. My friend elder Mortenson says hi to you all


No comments:

Post a Comment