Monday, June 27, 2011

Busy Times on Both Ends - Baptisms! 26 June 2011

Man alive, SO MUCH NEWS!!!
Please tell Sister Holub and Brother Wood congratulations! I must admit that it totally took me by surprise, but tell Sister Holub that I think about her every time I use a pen, sticky note, and any other little knick knack that she  gave me:)
 
Also, CONGRATULATIONS to Micah and Victory! I'm so excited to meet baby Liberty. She's awful cute! Does she have a Corwin head? (Corwin babies always have huge heads.)
 
Also, CONGRATULATIONS to Jennifer Prusse! I'm so happy for her! (Engaged to be married.)
 
Also, Sister Barnum wrote me and told me not to write her back (pfft. Like I could NOT.) but she filled me in on their family's happenings and I just love Celeste to little tiny bits. Also, I hear that Emma and Patrick are moving in September? 
 
I'm pretty bummed about the Pecos fires, and that a fair number of our family won't be there to play, but it'll be the best part of the year anyway...it always is :) (We always hold our family reunion in the Pecos Wilderness in Northern NM, but it's closed to prevent fires.)
 
I'm so stoked that Vanessa and Raz will be so close!
 
Mission time is going crazy fast...and I'm not sure how I feel about that. On the one hand, THIS is what I've been waiting for for almost my whole life and I'm having incredible experiences and meeting the most amazing people and becoming a better person every day (some days faster than others), but on the other hand, progress in the rest of my life is waiting. But I'm learning so so much that I have no doubt will help me be the best person I can be. Buh. Anyway....enough of that.
 
I have an appointment with the endodontist on the 6th... I think....but it IS an endodontist, I promise. Sister Martin takes VERY good care of us! It's the lower right first bicuspid. Or thereabouts. It hasn't given me any trouble since the beginning of the month, but if it still looks suspicious, I'll have it checked out, anyway.

This week:
CARMEN GOT BAPTIZED!!! It was so so great! Presidente Maldonado (our branch president) baptized her, Sister Erickson and I sang, Carmen's husband Ric was all smiles and has made some friendships in the branch, and they scored a bunch of free sunflowers that they gave to everyone who came to the baptism. We had some trouble finding a jumpsuit that was the right size, since she's a very petite person, so she ended up wearing an overlarge man's jumpsuit. She was so cute! I helped her come out of the font (kind of) and she had the biggest smile on her face. She said "I just wanted to jump in the water, but i couldn't because my pant legs were too long!" She kept saying "I feel so good! I feel wonderful! I've been waiting for this my whole life! It's so overwhelming and wonderful!"
I love her.
We're trying to plan a temple baptism trip with her and her daughter Amanda sometime within these next few weeks. That would rock my face off.(This comment is so Allison!)

Carmen's other daughter, Alexis, came to a Young Single Adult fireside with us where she met some really sweet girls and she ended up going to a dance with them that very night! Hooray!! i love the members in our branch!
 
OH MY GOSH!! ALSO!!!! ERICK IS GETTING BAPTIZED! maybe I haven't told you much about Erick. He's from my old area, came from El Salvador a few years ago, doesn't have much close family around, loves the church and the members and is basically a rascally 24 year old kid. I love him to death. He's getting baptized sunday. I definitely almost cried when Elder Banuelos called to tell me. 
 
Yesterday was a series of a million fiascos and tender mercies....it was kind of overwhelming. I won't bore you with all the details, but I accidentally locked us out of our apartment with our car keys still inside when we were trying to get to ward council yesterday. Thankfully we had our phone and THANKFULLY the branch president's wife came to pick us up, but we had to hop the fence of our apartment complex in our sunday clothes because we didnt' have keys to open the gate. Whoops. 
 
Also, I'm becoming more and more grateful every week for the sacrament. I'm realizing that I enjoy being oblivious far too much and that leads to me making really dumb mistakes that make me feel very small and crummy. BUT! I get to take the sacrament every week and promise Heavenly Father that I'll be better. It's the most amazing thing. I love being able to say to myself, Heavenly Father, and everyone at large "I was someone else last week. Now I'm a new person and you can expect better things of me." It's the most liberating feeling!
Oh my goodness gracious I love the Gospel.
And I love the Savior SO much.
I hope you know that!
Love you more than all the people on your end who are getting married and all the people on my end who are getting baptized!
Hermana Manzana

No comments:

Post a Comment