Monday, February 27, 2012

Baptism

awwww I love hearing about all the beautiful, happy, peaceful, fun moments at home. I love our family and our wonderful friends. I love how generous my parents are with their time and means. I love that my sister is doing well. I love stories about poop. I love life!!
 
Jeovany got baptized yesterday!! Hooray!!! It was SOOOO beautiful and wonderful! He's been facing a lot of challenges this week: critical family and friends, an injury at work, wracked nerves, etc., but he's sought solace and reassurance in prayer and reading the scriptures, so those challenges just brought him closer to Heavenly Father. He was so so happy when we took pictures for his baptism. The man baptizing him was a little wary about pushing him far enough under the water to actually make it a baptism by immersion, so it took 3 times, but hey, 3rd time's the charm, eh? Our ward just loves him and they're well on their way to adopting him. It was actually a double baptism, so we helped the young lady who got baptized before him in and out of the font, and it is just so wonderful to be able to be there for those first few moments with someone when they've been baptized. I really don't remember much about when I was baptized, but I remember that right after I went to the temple, there was just a beautiful feeling of being clean, whole. I love to see that feeling on others' faces, and then to know that I got to help be a part of that is so rewarding/gratifying/humbling/encouraging. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!
Just so's ya know :)
 
I was talking to Hna Prince last night about different emotional phases of the mission as far as motivation, trunkiness, discouragement, feeling on top of the world, etc. It's fascinating to me how we can understand the principle of "forget yourself and go to work" so well intellectually but making the leap to actually applying it seems like such an impossible feat. And really, I think it is, without the Lord's help. Just within this week, I feel so different and I don't know how or when it happened. I have more motivation, I don't want to go back home at night because I just want to keep teaching, I'm more patient, I can't stop smiling!! I love finding those moments in the processes of life where you can't explain exactly how something changes....but by divine providence, it just does and suddenly, you're in a new phase of life. It's just so wonderful.
 
Have a wonderful week, my beautiful family!
Love you more than my thinking dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment