Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Hola

Monday is STILL my Pday.... we just had a long series of monday holidays so the libraries weren't open... sorry!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!! Did you get the text from my friend Karla? We were on our way to a conference and I had been beating myself up all day for forgetting to send a card last monday, but Karla sweetly volunteered to communicate my happy birthday wishes. It sounds like you both had a good time...oh dear how I love you! and I think it's oh-so-precious how you both write love notes about each other to me. I love it, para que sepan.
Spanglish is coming back full force. I've determined to have awkward English for at least my first week back home. I'm stoked! :) But that's still forever away, and in a great many ways, I'm so so glad.
Hermana Marquez and I are doing really well. It's been kind of rainy this week which puts a bit of a damper on missionary work for bikes, but we still go to the appointments we have set, try to find more people to teach, and look for service opportunities, and people are usually pretty impressed by our dedication. Being a missionary is the greatest!
We haven't been able to meet with Martin again, and as it just so happens, he moved out of our area this week, BUT he arranged with his new boss to have sundays off to be able to go to church, he STILL lives in our ward boundaries (I'm pretty sure anyway), his uncle wants to start visiting with us, and they want to come to church this next sunday. YESSSSSSSSSS. Please please pray that he doesn't lose animo and that he'll maintain that desire to know more and come closer to God.
I heard a funny story this week....you know how I wrote a while back about the Lancaster Baptist Church bus that picks up local kids to take them to church functions? A member of our ward and her grandson got invited to a pizza party at the church bus church one day and she figured "Hey, it couldn't hurt...." Apparently, once they all arrived, they separated the parents and the kids for about 20 minutes for some "special party" but when the kids came back, they all looked a bit damp.... the grandma asked her grandson " why are you all wet?" he said "I'm not sure, but I think they baptized me."
Bahaha! oh man. I guess that's one way to do it. Tramposos.
 
The missionaries in our ward are giving the 3rd hour lesson next week at church and our Mission President will be there, too. Please pray for us! We need all the brain juice we can get!
 
Also, we had an appointment with a couple of cousins from Guatemala named Jeovani and Jose. They were super interested in the Plan of Salvation, especially the idea of having lived with God before this life to prepare to come to Earth.... Jose commented "So we were kind of like in a spiritual incubator?" I suppose so. I guess in effect that's what our homes are, too. We are nurtured and helped and guided in a safe environment until we are ready and able to move out into the wide world for our BIG growth experience.
 
I think that's all for now on the mission front. 
Love you more than all the "si Dos quiere"s and "Primero Dios"s we hear every day!
Hermana Manzana

No comments:

Post a Comment