Friday, September 2, 2011

New Greenie - Hermana Prince August 29, 2011

Hey fam!
     I LOVE Hermana Prince! She's the absolute best thing that could have happened for this area and for me, too. I never really understood when Hermana Strong said she felt like she was trying to keep up with me, but I think I get it now. Hermana Prince is an incredibly hard worker, so thoughtful, incredibly in tune with the Spirit, and just one of the most Christlike people I've met.
These first few days have been long and tiring, trying to set new goals, contacting, teaching, etc. We've had a ton of set appointments, and my current worry is that we won't be able to work very effectively with all of our investigators. Our area is great and there are SO many people who are ready. I think it will be a matter of prioritizing our time more effectively, balancing contacting, teaching, dropping, and sleeping somewhere in there. I was feeling a little overwhelmed yesterday with how much there is to do and what is expected of us, but as I was praying about it, I thought of 2 Nephi 25:23 and wondering how to gauge what "all I can do" is, I thought of something we've been teaching our members and investigators all week: Christ doesn't wait for us to get our act together before He's willing to help us, but He is always there to help, starting with right where we are. The words "Let Him constantly magnify you" came to my mind and I've found a better perspective for today in those words. I love the Savior and I know He's helping us, particularly now.


      I decorated Hermana Prince's desk with all things green, one of which being a water gun. On Saturday we came back home, totally exhausted from the day, but I sneakily grabbed her water gun, filled up both hers and mine, then walked up to her with them behind my back and said "I have another present for you." I tossed her her gun and started squirting her. We had a great battle in and around our apartment, getting totally soaked and then had a soggy, but much more energetic nightly planning session.
There's so much to do!


Also, we're putting more of an emphasis on inviting people to be baptized and prioritizing so we can help our investigators progress toward making those special covenants. We're working crazy hard, we're totally exhausted (well, I am), but loving mission life more than ever!


Love you more than all the marriage proposals we got while contacting this week,
Hermana B.

No comments:

Post a Comment