Monday, April 30, 2012

Love in Our Family

Oh my gosh you two are so stinkin' cute. I just love you.(Reference to a story about Mom&Dad holding hands in Sacrament meeting.)
I'm glad to hear things are going well around the house! where did you put that ornamental bush? I'd love to take a swing (ha. get it?) at the tree. But if you want to get it out now, please feel free. I won't feel gypped in the least.
Today starts my very last transfer in the mission! AAAAHHHHH!!! one of my roommates is going home this week, so it's been pretty weird to see her go through this process....I'm dejunking little by little....I only sent one box to you, FYI, so no need to look for another one in the mail yet.....
My brain shorted out a couple times this week, thanks in part to our elders who are having a grand ol' time helping me accept/encouraging the onset/just making me crazy by constantly talking about being trunky. (trunky=anxious to finally come home/dreading leaving the mission field.) I love them a lot. Most days. After dinner one night, they stole our bikes and left us their car, saying that they had an emergency that they needed our bikes for. We were all kinds of confused but met them at the church about 20 minutes later. Turns out they did it so that we could have a break and we wouldn't have to ride all the way to the church.
 
Also, Hermana Quick and I are staying together!! Hooray!!
 
We met a really cool family this week who had been taught by the Hermanas about 3 years ago. They lost contact with them when the family went to Mexico, but they have been reading from the Book of Mormon fairly consistently as a family and praying together as a family every night since then. How amazing is that? They're so sweet. We haven't met the husband yet, but he's excited to meet with us. We've started teaching another man named Jacinto who used to be a leader in an evangelical church but is looking to come closer to God after 15 years away from any church. He says he feels really good about our church and has been to 2 baptisms and church twice. AWESOME!! Also, Vanessa REALLY wants to be baptized, so she said that she's going to talk to Marlo about getting married soon so that we can help them progress spiritually. Betty doesn't want to be baptized again because she doesn't see the point, since she's been baptized 2times. we'll need to cover priesthood authority and the restoration again. We're finding so many people who are SO READY!! I LOVE IT!
I love you more than subjunctive form!
Hermana Manzana

No comments:

Post a Comment