Monday, April 23, 2012

I love it! I'm so happy for everyone! I sent Emma an email (Allison's best friend is expecting) but I'm not sure if she still uses that one anymore. She's been in my thoughts quite a bit. I haven't been able to write her since she's been moving everywhere.....but will you tell her that I love her so and that she is just beautiful and wonderful in every stinkin way? 
 
I'm sorry my blister sister is feeling crummy. But hey, you said it's a good sign, right? (Her sister is expecting, also.)
 I got my camera, thank you!!! I got a Sony cyber shot Carl Ziess DSC w650. I love it! One of our elders even crocheted a little bag for it. Precious. :)
 
We've been having SUCH good weeks! I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!! Dad, you're so right, we have major ups and downs, even within the same day, but this work is so fulfilling, so rewarding, and I feel awfully privileged to be a part of it. Melissa and her little sister Angie got baptized this weekend and it was so wonderful! Our whole ward came to celebrate with us and the missionaries even got to sing a musical number. They both looked so beautiful and happy. I'm so excited for their family to progress together towards the temple. Melissa is a very quiet girl but so thoughtful and kind. She's an amazingly hard worker and she's so willing to help in any way needed.
Thank you for all of your prayers on her behalf!
 
We're working a lot with a new family (I think I wrote about them last week) Betty, Vanessa, and Marlo. Miracle of miracles, they LOVED church, despite a super rambunctious little boy (I honestly have never seen a kid so hyper. I'm fairly certain he has ADHD or something similar. His 15 month old brother has a better attention span and listens to his parents better than he does) Vanessa's husband Marlo came too and he seemed to really enjoy it. They are praying about being baptized in May, so please please pray that the Spirit will touch their hearts so that they'll know that this is something Heavenly Father wants for them. Also, we're not certain, but they might not be married. Please pray that they will have no barriers to getting married. BODA!!!(wedding)
Ay. maybe I'm ADHD. My brain's going a mile a minute. oh look a chicken! Ha. just kiddeando. (Spanglish:  kidding)
 
Also, we had sister exchanges this week, and I got to go to the real ghetto in Canoga Park with Hermana Busch. She and I have been friends our whole missions but we've never actually gotten to be companions. It was such a beautiful day! We taught some AWESOME lessons, met amazing people, sweat our little brains out, and got to catch up and reflect on mission life. She's such a wise, insightful person and I look up to her a lot. I'm so grateful for people like her in my life! 
 
Their area doesn't look all that different from ours, but I think our area has more families, whereas they have a ton more single men in theirs. One of their recent converts gave Hna Busch's companion a knife as a welcome gift. So far as I know, they've never been physically threatened (president would take them out right away if that ever were the case) but they do lock their bikes 3 different times everytime they go anywhere. they've gotten a bunch of their bikes' tires stolen. Pobrecitas. (Poor girls) I got to meet a number of their recent converts who are single men who have such a deep desire to follow God. They are so wonderful! We've just got to find those bright, shiny needles in a dirty, sinful haystack. Haha! I remember when I first got to the mission, President said "Welcome to San Fernando, California. The media capitol of the world. Sin runs rampant here, but there are good people searching for God. We have to find them."
And it's true! Heavenly Father is preparing people every day.
 
Daddy, thank you for telling me how much you love me and mom. I love that our family is so expressive about our affection for one another. it makes life so much more secure, happier, peaceful. I love our family! We are so stinkin' blessed!
I love you more than all the 90+ days we've had this week!
Hermana Manzana

No comments:

Post a Comment