Monday, December 19, 2011

Merry Christmas

Hey fam!
Merry Christmas! I'm stoked! Can I call around 2pm your time? I'll call at around 8 your time to confirm.
We had zone conference and a temple trip this week and it was SO great....although we didn't get much teaching accomplished...and we somehow ended up arriving LATE to EVERYTHING this week...it was super annoying... but I'm excited to work my bum off this week. Also, we ate SO much this week. I've figured out that you eat more in Spanish, but the food is less healthy in English work....but they"re so sweet and generous!! we're so grateful for our members.
We went with our investigator, Linda to her church yesterday morning...it was way fun to experience a black Baptist church...we read the story of Abraham being commanded to sacrifice Isaac and one thing that the teacher said I really enjoyed: "It says' God won't tempt you above what you can stand...' oh yes He will, but He WON'T test you above what you can stand with Him"
It was a fun experience... Linda later came with us to a baptism and seemed to enjoy it, although we were worried because it seemed like our having gone with her to her church made her more intrigued with her church again....but she just barely called and talked about how the Lord keeps putting us together and it must be for a reason, so she told me that she's done with her old church and she's going to come to our church....um ok major blessing. She's so sweet!
Also, I think I wrote about a recent convert for another ward and how her mom was completely overwhelmed and impressed with the Spirit at her daughter's baptism...well, the mom and dad got baptized yesterday...He was baptized at 8am, got confirmed in church, received the priesthood after church, and baptized his wife in the afternoon. It was such a beautiful baptism and they were both so so excited....AND their two granddaughters and a friend are getting baptized on New Years Eve. Miracles!!
We met a really great guy at the frozen yogurt shop who is ex Air Force, has studied all forms of Christianity extensively, and is very open about religion. We have an appointment with him this week and we're praying that it goes well!
I think that's all.....I'll talk to you in 6 days!
Merry Christmas!
Love you more than all the miracles this week!
Hermana Beauchamp

No comments:

Post a Comment