Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Oh my gosh those pictures of Jared and Tiffany are so beautiful! I cannot WAIT! It's going to be such a wonderful, incredible day!
I'm so proud of you for going out with the sisters, Mama! Members who are willing to go out with the missionaries are THE BEST and we appreciate and love them immensely.


This is the end of Hermana Prince's 1st transfer and we're so so happy to be staying together. We're also going to be splitting our area and getting some bike elders to come work in the northern chunk of our area. We have about 50 square miles that we haven't even touched, so hopefully now we'll have time to explore and teach down there.


I love conference! We had 4 investigators come to various sessions and they each had some big questions answered. We worked hard to help everyone we met be excited for conference and even just helping people prepare for conference provided for some great teaching opportunities. We're very excited for our upcoming baptism this weekend and we're praying hard for her to come closer to the Savior every day. We made a "baptismal countdown" paper chain with different little spiritual thoughts and challenges every day. She's so great! Her grandsons were baptized not too long ago and we're excited for them to grow together as a family. Her husband is coming closer and closer and trusting us more to answer questions, although we always refer him back to Heavenly Father to confirm truths we teach.


Elder Yamashita's talk was a tender mercy. I've been feeling great and optimistic, but yesterday afternoon right before the last session of conference, I got really discouraged and felt totally inadequate and frustrated with various aspects of our teaching (specifically that our investigators don't seem to fully grasp the importance of the gospel, even when they're willing to take huge steps of faith). But his talk specifically addressed my momentary frustrations and sadness and even more than his words, I felt Heavenly Father's love sosegarme (I don't remember how to say that in English)( Mom:  it means to be calmed, quieted.)


Speaking of Spanish, Hermana Prince's Spanish is coming along great. There are sometimes when she's teaching and the Spirit is super strong and she starts speaking like a native....past present future subjunctive included. So cool!! We're studying, working hard, loving our companionship, the companionship of the Holy Ghost, and life in general!. We're so excited to have new elders in our branch and I can't wait to see the miracles they bring to pass in our little branch, too!


Jesus (our investigator) tried to come to conference on Saturday but he tried to walk there. He got all confused and wandered around palmdale all day long. I guess that's what we get for telling him how to get to the stake center while he was drunk. He was sitting next to me while we watched the afternoon session on Sunday and he smelled strongly of old lady perfume....which makes me wonder what he had been drinking. ..... hmmmm....

ANyway.

As far as things I need, clothes would be lovely. I always thought my other companions were just whiners when they talked about how sick of their clothes they were....but I'm getting there too. Anyway. If that could be arranged, that would be wonderful. :) I'm sending pictures this week, but I have one that's specifically for Jared. Can I get his address?

I love you more than all the conference talks that touched my heart and shook my soul awake!

Hermana Manzana

No comments:

Post a Comment