Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Early October - Baptism!

Hey fam:

I don't have much time to write...Things are going really well. Guadalupe got baptized yesterday and it was beautiful. Rick is on track to get baptized this weekend, although Alexis doesn't feel ready yet (which is fair, since we haven't really gotten a chance to teach her as much as she needs). Bummer. But we'll keep trying to meet with her. It's tough because we're teaching everyone in the house, but they're all on VERY different pages and some demand more attention than others. We've been trying to be careful about how we spend our time when we're there, but I guess we haven't been prudent enough. Oh well, guess we'll have to keep going!
Our new elders are working super-duper hard and doing so great. We've gone to a couple of appointments with them to kind of make an  "investigator handoff." They're both great teachers and Hermana Prince and I have a ton of respect for them. Hermana Prince and I are working hard, trying to find new investigators, and becoming closer. 


We had stake conference this weekend and a Seventy, Elder Edwards, came and spoke and one of the things he said keeps running around in my head and is becoming an annoying reality: "When there has been a particular outpouring of the Spirit for a specific occasion, it will back off for a little while so that we can be tested." Satan was trying pretty hard to discourage me for Guadalupe's baptism, but it was a wonderful experience. Hermana Prince and I sang a special arrangement of "I Stand All Amazed" because it's her very favorite hymn. She loved it and cried :).
I have a card to send to you with little things I always forget during email time so I'll try to send that along this week.
Love you more than all the success our new elders are having!
Hermana B

No comments:

Post a Comment