Monday, July 25, 2011

This Week in History July 25, 2011

Hey fam
Thanks for filling me in on life at home :) I'm so proud of you guys for being such good missionaries and helping the members of our ward, too. Sorry your trips aren't quite as entertaining as you had hoped but I trust that you'll make the very most of it!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAUREN!!! I've had your birthday presents ready for a while but I still need to send it along. I promise to send it very very soon! I love you bunches and I think the world of you :)


We just got back from a way sweet hike around a place called the Devil's Punchbowl. IT's been horridly hot here and I think it was above 100 when we were out there. There were a few weeks where if it got down to 100 it felt nice and cool but it's been a bit better lately.
I got to go to a leadership conference this week and I got to see Hermana Waite, Elder Castro, Elder Torres, Elder Banuelos, and a bunch of other people from my last district and it was GLORIOUS! They gave us a lot of really great advice and help to be better leaders and I'm excited to put it into practice. I forgot to prepare myself for the "be better" kick in the pants that always accompanies conferences and trainings, though. But no big. We've been setting more and more baptismal dates with people and we have quite a few who are progressing well.
We helped Carmen and Amanda organize a couple things in their garage and they ended up giving us a ton of food and makeup and stuff. They're so generous! They are the best couponers that I've ever met so they have a good food storage and stockpile of other goodies. They told us that they feel very blessed that they are able to share with others, so I didn't feel quite so bad taking away bags and bags of treasures.
I love Sister Erickson! I'm supremely grateful that she's my companion!
hope you're all doing well and I'll send some pictures and Lauren's Bday gifts later on this week.
Love you more than all the joshua trees in the desert!
Hermana B

No comments:

Post a Comment