Monday, June 4, 2012

Finishing Up a Great Adventure

(Note from Mom:  Allison is returning to Colorado from her mission on Saturday, June 16th.  Her homecoming talk (sermon) will be at 12:30 pm on Sunday, June 17th at the Timberline Building in Lone Tree, Colorado - call 303-799-1913 for directions if you're interested in attending.  The service is 70 minutes long, and her talk will be about 15 minutes.)
 
 
Ay, so much thinking to do! :)
Thanks for the info. I'll take a look at Elder Hales' Conference address and and get to work on my homecoming talk. There's a lot of little loose ends to take care of before I go home, but it'll work out just fine. I've felt your prayers bearing me up again this week....thank you! We had a really good week teaching-wise...we found a bunch of new investigators and we're excited to help them receive the gospel. As for the referral, we had set an appointment with her, but alas, she wasn't home. We have dinner with her friend who gave us her number tonight so we're hopeful to be able to contact her again.
We went knocking yesterday with one of the young women in our ward and had quite a bit of success in finding people with her. We knocked one door at the very end of the day, but right as we knocked, a HUGE German shepherd came around the corner. We kind of freaked out and then ANOTHER ONE came around the corner to stare us down. We were begging and praying that the woman would open the door so that we could escape inside, but when she did, the dogs became very relaxed and even playful. She wasn't interested, but I guess my intro wasn't all that powerful. It's a little difficult when you think a monster dog is going to maul you to bits. Ay.
Side note....I have "Big Rock Candy Mountain" stuck in my head. I miss you Papa.
Thank you for arranging things for me. I appreciate it so so much. I'm excited to go to the dentist! I like the idea of being able to let my body recuperate and actually take care of it. :)
mmmmm que mas? We had a departing missionary training by President Martin in the which he told us his 10 commandments for business success, we talked about life purpose statements, marriage (of course), and how to finish our missions well. I'm excited to teach a ton this last week and really take advantage of the opportunity I have to be in the same calling as people like Alma, Amulek, and Ammon. I have fallen in love with the scriptures and the gospel and I"m so grateful for them in my life. 
Please pray for us to have the Spirit with us so that we can help people come unto Christ! President Martin said something that I really loved: "the Atonement and a repentant heart meet in the baptismal font and that is nothing short of a miracle"
I love my mission president with all my little heart and I pray that they will also be able to have success and joy in these last few weeks of their mission.
I love you more than all the earthquakes Sorella Smith is feeling!
:) (Allison's birthday twin and good friend Hannah Smith is serving in Northern Italy, and has been near the epicenter of many of the earthquakes they have experienced over the last three weeks.  We thought Allison would be the one to experience earthquakes!)
Hermana Manzana

No comments:

Post a Comment